2009 Honda VTX1300R
Think classic retro. Think a cool look all its own. The Honda VTX1300R is all that and a whole lot more. The bold style begins with deeply valanced fenders — they're old-school, but clean and shapely in a way that vintage fenders never could be. More classic styling? Check out the wide floorboards, the heel-and-toe shifter, and the long chrome pipes that just keep stretching back forever. Of course, under that bold retro look is the most modern of engineering, including a V-twin engine designed to produce loads of low-end grunt and an ear-pleasing rumble.
- VTX1300R engine is a 1,312 cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin that delivers strong low-end and midrange torque, with ample power for passing and relaxed cruising.
- Powerplant design features a single-pin crankshaft to accentuate the VTX1300R engine's character.
- Dual two-axis primary counterbalancers help to minimize harsh engine vibration without eliminating the powerful pulses transmitted by the VTX1300R's traditional V-twin design.
- Each three-valve cylinder head features two 31 mm intake valves and a large 40 mm exhaust valve to produce optimum flow for the incoming air/fuel charge.
- Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
- Single 38 mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides 3-D ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- Coolant-heated carburetor improves rideability and ensures smooth operation in cold conditions.
- Two sparkplugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
- A unique dry-sump oil system utilizes a closed-crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height, allowing optimum rider ergonomics and a low 695 mm (27.4 inches) seat height.
- Custom chromed two-into-two exhaust system produces a deep exhaust note.
- Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioners.
- Reliable electric-starter system.
- Sturdy clutch utilizes a rubber clutch-centre damper to ensure smooth and quiet shifting.
- Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Driven-flange design at the final-drive gear minimizes final-drive noise and wear, and simplifies rear wheel installation.
- Massive tubular steel frame contains the engine's power and gives the VTX1300R a long, low, classic stance.
- Large 41 mm extended front fork provides 129 mm (5.1 inches) of plush yet responsive travel.
- Dual chromed rear shocks with five-position preload adjustment feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
- Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 336 mm stainless steel rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 296 mm stainless steel rotor, the brakes provide excellent stopping power.
- VTX1300R features retro-style cast wheels.
- Large 140/80-17 front tire gives the VTX1300R a commanding profile.
- Deeply valanced front and rear fenders, chrome-hooded headlight, broad fuel tank with tank-mounted instruments, semi-swept handlebar and floorboards with heel-and-toe shifter create a classic retro style that sets the VTX1300R apart from the competition.
- Specially designed tank-mounted chrome housing features a speedometer, odometer/A&B tripmeter, and indicator lights for the turn signals, high beam, neutral indicator, oil pressure and coolant temperature.
- Electric speedometer with easy-to-read classic numerals uses an electronic speed sensor in the transmission, which eliminates the front-wheel-mounted speedometer cable. This contributes to a clean, uncluttered look.
- Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes cylinder-head covers, valve inspection covers, airbox cover, left crankcase cover, clutch cover and left-rear engine cover.
- Distinctive chrome-hooded headlight housing features a powerful, 55W/60W halogen bulb with a computer-designed multi-reflector for superb lighting.
- Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle.
- Handlebar design provides a comfortable, upright riding position.
- Comfortably padded, large-diameter handgrips with polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
- 18-litre fuel tank for extended cruising and touring range.
- Reliable 364W alternator.
- Durable, maintenance-free 12-amp-hour battery.
- Large under-seat tool tray.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- 1 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
- Displacement: 1,312 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 89.5 mm x 104.3 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: Single 38 mm CV carb
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork, 129 mm (5.1 inches) travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 94 mm (3.7 inches) travel
- Tires: 140/80 - 17 front; 170/80 - 15 rear
- Brakes: Front single 336 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear single 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Seat Height: 695 mm (27.4 inches)
- Wheelbase: 1,669 mm (65.7 inches)
- Curb Weight: 322 kg (710 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 18 litres
- Colour: Bright Blue Metallic, Nebulous Black Metallic
- Engine Type
- 52-degree V-twin, Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
- 1,312 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 89.5 x 104.3 mm
- Liquid Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Single 38 mm CV carb
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork, 129 mm (5.1 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload, 94 mm (3.7 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 336 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 140/80 - 17
- Rear Tire
- 170/80 - 15
- 1,669 mm (65.7 in.)
- Seat Height
- 695 mm (27.4 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 18 l
- Dry Weight
- (Curb Weight) 322 kg (710 lbs)
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- Bright Blue Metallic, Nebulous Black Metallic
- 1 Year Unlimited Mileage, Freely Transferable Warranty