2013 Honda GL1800BD
Come down to Rocky Mountain Honda Powerhouse and check it out Today!
Think of it as the Gold Wing’s bad-boy cousin. The all-new Honda Gold Wing F6B takes the superb six-cylinder engine and advanced chassis of the touring legend, then strips off the rear top box, chops down the windshield, and covers everything in midnight black to create a premium cruiser like nothing else on the road. Long, low, lean and mean, the F6B is built for the boulevard, and built to turn heads. Thanks to its touring-bike underpinnings, it hasn’t forgotten how to carry you long distances in ultimate comfort, too. Where the Gold Wing coddles you and your passenger in a luxurious cocoon, the F6B lets the wind and the scenery wash over you. The fairing still protects you from the elements, but the shorty windshield gives you an unobstructed view of the road ahead. The F6B’s slimmer design also improves its power-to-weight ratio, which makes the legendary 1,832 cc six-cylinder engine even more impressive when you twist the throttle. And the lighter weight helps the F6B handle with an agility that you really have to experience to believe. Four-speaker sound system with iPod and USB interface, Dual-Combined Braking System with ABS, spacious saddlebags... the Honda Gold Wing F6B leaves other premium cruisers way, way behind.
- Powerful fuel-injected 1,832 cc six-cylinder engine produces smooth, effortless power while surpassing the California Air Resources Board (CARB) 2008 emissions standards.
- Low, forward engine placement and solid engine-mounting produce excellent road handling characteristics and impressive low-speed manoeuvrability.
- Nickalloy crankshaft bearing caps provide quiet operation throughout the engine's operating temperature range.
- Parallel two-valve cylinder-head design utilizes direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation and requires no 1,000 km service.
- Silent-type camshaft chains with automatic adjusters provide reliable, maintenance-free operation.
- Two 40 mm-diameter throttle bodies deliver air to six specially designed Keihin 50-psi high-pressure programmed fuel injectors (PGM-FI). Fuel is delivered through four nozzle tips in each injector, producing an atomized fuel mixture that is highly combustible for optimum efficiency and power.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides two digital 3-D fuel injection maps for each cylinder and one digital 3-D ignition map for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability. Unique knock-control sensors monitor ignition advance to improve performance throughout the entire rpm range.
- ECU-controlled closed-loop emission control system utilizes two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a precise air/fuel mixture, while two exhaust catalytic converters further reduce emissions of carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides.
- Rotary Air Control Valve (RACV) maintains precise idle control under widely varying engine loads and operating temperatures.
- Compact water pump is mounted behind the engine and is driven directly by the crankshaft, contributing to quicker engine warm-up.
- Engine cooling system features a series-flow coolant flow pattern that offers cold-start rideability and provides rapid engine warm-up.
- Two side-mounted radiators enhance cooling efficiency and use low-air-pressure areas created by side cowls to draw cooling air through the radiators and beyond the rider at highway speeds.
- Sturdy eight-plate clutch with maintenance-free hydraulic-assist.
- Efficient stainless steel six-into-two exhaust system produces a pleasing, powerful sound.
- Powerful 1,300-watt alternator uses a fluid-damper (viscous coupling) system to minimize alternator noise.
- Precise-shifting five-speed transmission includes overdrive fifth.
- Beautiful multi-box-section aluminum dual-spar frame and Pro-Arm single-sided cast aluminum swingarm set new class standards for handling.
- The innovative aluminum frame is specifically engineered for optimum rigidity with tuned flex. This combination of rigidity and flexibility produces excellent handling, superb riding comfort and wonderful road feel.
- Inherently smooth flat-six-cylinder engine also serves as a tuned stressed frame member. The solid engine-mounting system utilizes specially designed hangers and carefully matched mounting bolts to provide both excellent road feel and minimal engine vibration.
- The Gold Wing rigid Pro-Arm single-sided cast aluminum swingarm provides simplified servicing of the rear wheel and tire, while assuring optimum handling.
- Dual full-floating 296 mm front discs with Dual-Combined Braking System three-piston calipers and a single ventilated 316 mm rear disc with one Dual-Combined Braking System three-piston caliper provide excellent braking power.
- Honda's Dual-Combined Braking System features a second master cylinder and a three-stage proportional control valve (PCV) to couple the three-piston calipers of the dual front and single rear brake discs. Using the front brake lever activates the outer two pistons of the front right-side caliper and the centre piston of the front left-side caliper and, acting through the secondary master cylinder and an inline proportioning valve, the outer two pistons of the rear caliper. The rear brake pedal operates the centre piston of the rear brake caliper, the centre piston of the front right-side brake caliper and the outer two pistons of the front left-side caliper. A delay valve sensitive to the rider's pedal pressure smoothes front brake engagement.
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) features an electric-motor-driven modulator that provides rapid and precise braking-pressure adjustments, resulting in smooth ABS operation. The system incorporates an integrated ECU, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU test function, and automatic protection against system failure.
- Massive 45 mm front fork houses a cartridge damper in the right leg with 122 mm (4.8 inches) of travel for a smooth yet superb ride in all road conditions.
- Anti-dive system minimizes front fork dive when braking. The system utilizes brake fluid pressure generated in the secondary Dual-Combined Braking System master cylinder mounted on the left fork leg and is activated by input from either the front brake lever or the rear brake pedal. This application of anti-dive and Dual-Combined Braking System produces enhanced stability when manoeuvring at both low speeds and highway speeds.
- Pro-Link-mounted rear shock provides 104 mm (4.1 inches) of plush travel for relaxed touring or sport riding.
- Computer-controlled adjustable hydraulic rear suspension preload is easily set by the rider with push-button controls and features a two-position memory.
- Unique driveshaft-damping system utilizes a double-pipe structure, with a rubber-bonded coating applied to the inner pipe to absorb road shock and engine torque. The long-life design simplifies rear wheel maintenance.
- Final gearcase assembly design in the Pro-Arm eliminates wheel alignment splines and assures accurate alignment of the rear wheel after servicing.
- Cast aluminum 18 x 3.5-inch front wheel and 16 x 5.0-inch rear wheel are lightweight and strong. Radial touring tires are specifically engineered for the Gold Wing, providing a combination of excellent traction, cornering grip and long tire life.
- The parallel two-valve cylinder head design, together with side-mounted radiators, allows optimum ergonomics, with excellent rider foot room and a large passenger area.
- The Gold Wing aerodynamic bodywork is functional as well as beautiful, providing excellent rider wind protection while reducing the aerodynamic drag coefficient.
- Shorty windshield provides protection from the elements while also giving the rider a clear view of the road ahead.
- Wide, well-padded seat provides excellent comfort for both rider and passenger, and a low seat height adds confidence during low-speed manoeuvring.
- Motorized headlight aiming system is operated by a dial switch and provides 2.5 degrees of adjustment from level.
- Large 25-litre fuel tank houses the PGM-FI fuel pump and provides excellent long-distance cruising range.
- Headlight system features two 55-watt H7 low-beam and two 55-watt H7 high-beam bulbs with computer-designed multi-reflectors. In high-beam operation, all four bulbs produce a distinctive front lighting signature.
- Engine and saddlebag guards help protect the bodywork in case of a tip-over.
- Handsome two-piece aluminum handlebars are lightweight and strong.
- Adjustable brake and clutch levers.
- Extensive tool kit.
- Dual electric spiral horns trumpet a distinctive note.
- 20-amp YTX maintenance-free battery.
- Dual helmet locks.
- Easy-to-use centrestand.
- Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- 3 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus.
- Displacement: 1,832 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 74 mm x 71 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Five-speed including overdrive, plus electric reverse
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 45 mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system; 122 mm (4.8 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Arm single-sided swingarm with Pro-Link single shock with computer-controlled preload adjustment and two memory presets; 104 mm (4.1 in.) travel
- Tires: 130/70R - 18 radial front; 180/60R - 16 radial rear
- Brakes: Front dual 296 mm discs with triple-piston calipers; rear 316 mm disc with triple-piston caliper. Dual-Combined Braking System with ABS
- Seat Height: 725 mm (28.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,690 mm (66.5 in.)
- Curb Weight: 385 kg (849 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 25 L
- Colour: Graphite Black
- Warranty: 3 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus.
- Engine Type
- Six-cylinder, Chain-driven SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder
- 1,832 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 74 mm x 71 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- 45 mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system; 122 mm (4.8 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Arm single-sided swingarm with Pro-Link single shock with computer-controlled preload adjustment and two memory presets; 104 mm (4.1 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 296 mm discs with triple-piston calipers. Dual-Combined Braking System with ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 316 mm disc with triple-piston caliper. Dual-Combined Braking System with ABS
- Front Tire
- 130/70R - 18 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/60R - 16 radial
- 1,690 mm (66.5 in.)
- Seat Height
- 725 mm (28.5 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 25 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 385 kg (849 lb.)
- Five-speed including overdrive, plus electric reverse
- Final Drive
- Graphite Black
- 3 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus.