2019 Honda CB500F
Grand Prix Red
- More horsepower, more torque: The DOHC liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine uses a square bore & stroke of 67 mm x 66.8 mm for an optimum combination of strong low-end torque and excellent top-end power. A 4% boost in horsepower and torque for 2019 results in even sportier performance.
- Compact engine, minimal vibration: Engine vibration is kept to a minimum by using crank pins phased at 180 degrees and a balancer shaft behind the cylinders, which also contributes to the engine's compact size.
- New slipper clutch: Not only does the new slipper clutch help to prevent rear-wheel lockup on downshifts, it also reduces effort at the lever by almost half, helping to reduce rider fatigue particularly in city traffic or on long rides.
- Crisp throttle response: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection keeps the engine running efficiently in all conditions and ensures crisp throttle response and powerful torque at low to mid rpm.
- Runs smoothly at high output levels: Careful flow analysis of the cooling system resulted in a water pump that's small and lightweight, yet still more than capable of keeping the engine running its best at high output levels.
- Maximized flow efficiency: In order to maximize air-intake and exhaust efficiency, the profile from the air cleaner through the intake ports to the exhaust pipe was made as straight as possible, helped in part by repositioning the battery away from the rear of the airbox intake duct.
- Reduced weight & friction: The four valves in each of the DOHC cylinder heads have narrow stems, thereby reducing weight and friction and increasing efficiency.
- High-tech design: A light and compact roller-rocker-arm assembly and shim-type valve adjustment allows a lower valve-spring load for reduced friction and a compact cylinder head.
- Improved durability: The pins in the silent cam chain have been treated with vanadium, which both reduces friction and improves durability. The lightweight pistons use the same advanced manufacturing process as those found in the CBR1000RR. To ensure precise cylinder shape, the engine uses the same centrifugal-cast thin-wall sleeves as found in the CBR1000RR.
- Reduced friction: The oil pump's internal relief structure uses the same design as found in the CBR1000RR, which reduces friction, improves aeration performance and simplifies the shape of the oil pan.
- The sound of power: The battery has been repositioned farther from the rear of the airbox intake duct to improve airflow, while the muffler now features dual exit pipes for a sportier sounding edge to the exhaust note.
- Easy shifting: The new gear indicator and adjustable shift-up indicator make it even easier to use the smooth-shifting six-speed gearbox.
- Designed for rider feedback: The lightweight diamond-shaped steel frame was designed to allow a certain degree of yield, which enables it to better respond to changes in the road surface and to transmit just the right amount of feedback to the rider.
- Comfortable & sporty ride: Upgraded for 2019, the Pro-Link® rear suspension boasts a new single-tube shock absorber (as found on larger capacity sportbikes) with five-stage spring preload adjustment, replacing the double-tube design of the previous model. Its large-diameter piston ensures excellent suspension response and improved heat dissipation. The shock connects to a rigid box-section steel swingarm with new pressed-steel chain-adjustment end pieces. Both the shock and the adjustable 41 mm fork are calibrated for a comfortable but sporty ride.
- Easy to manage: The 785 mm seat height makes the CB500F very easy to manage, and its neutral riding position comfortably accommodates riders of any height.
- Reduced unsprung weight: Wave brake rotors with superlative heat-dissipating qualities are lighter than conventional discs of the same diameter, which help to further reduce the bike's unsprung weight.
- Lightweight wheels: Lightweight cast aluminum wheels with Y-shaped spokes not only look trick, they also contribute to the bike's excellent manoeuvrability.
- ABS braking control: A dual-piston brake caliper up front and a single-piston caliper at the back provide strong but easily controlled stopping power. Plus, the latest two-channel ABS modulators provide more accurate control and improved stability.
- Designed for city & highway rides: Ergonomics were carefully configured to ensure an unrestricted riding position that allows easy manoeuvring in town, an easy reach to the ground, as well as excellent comfort during long-distance highway trips.
- Increased range: It not only looks more aggressive, but the redesigned fuel tank also boasts increased capacity of 17.1 litres, providing a range of approximately 480 km for longer rides and fewer stops.
- Aggressive look: Sleek bodywork incorporates an LED headlight, taillight and turn signals, and leaves more of the engine exposed for an aggressive, streetfighter look.
- Convenient under-seat storage: A utility space under the seat accommodates a U-lock, wet weather gear or other items.
- Brake lever and wave key: Adjustable brake lever and wave-style ignition key add to the CB500F's long list of premium features.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled parallel twin
- Displacement: 471 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm telescopic fork with spring preload adjustment: 120 mm (4.7 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with 5-stage spring preload adjustment
- Tires: Front: 120/70ZR-17 Rear: 160/60ZR-17
- Brakes: Front: 320 mm single wave hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper with 2-channel ABS Rear: 240 mm single wave hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper with 2-channel ABS
- Seat Height: 785 mm (30.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,410 mm (55.5 in.)
- Curb Weight: 189 kg (417 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 17.1 litres
- Colour: Grand Prix Red, Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Parallel twin
- 471 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm telescopic fork with spring preload adjustment: 120 mm (4.7 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with 5-stage spring preload adjustment
- Front Brakes
- 320 mm single wave hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper with 2-channel ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm single wave hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper with 2-channel ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,410 mm (55.5 in.)
- Seat Height
- 785 mm (30.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.1 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 189 kg (417 lb)
- Grand Prix Red, Matte Gunpowder Black Metallic
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus