2019 Honda CBR650RAK
Stock Image: Grand Prix Red
- Dynamic performance: The liquid-cooled 649 cc four-cylinder engine uses a compact internal architecture with cylinders canted forward 30 degrees for a lower centre of gravity and an impressive power-to-weight ratio.
- Lots of low-end torque: The DOHC 16-valve cylinder head with direct cam actuation and 11.6:1 compression ratio contributes to the engine's effortless performance at low and mid rpm, allowing you to smoothly pull away from 1,500 rpm—even in sixth gear.
- Even more power: Upgrades to the pistons and valve timing for 2019 boost power even higher, giving the CBR650R an even sportier character.
- New HSTC torque control: New to the CBR650R, the Honda Selectable Torque Control System (HSTC) controls torque output by detecting differences in the slip ratio between front and rear wheels. When the rear tire loses traction on a slippery surface, HSTC instantly kicks in and suppresses torque by controlling fuel injection to inhibit rear tire slip. User adjustable, the system can also be turned off.
- Quality engineering: Asymmetric piston skirts, ferrous spines on the cylinder sleeves and a silent SV cam chain using a Vanadium coating on its pins ensure reduced friction, minimal oil consumption, and improved heat transfer.
- New slipper clutch: Not only does the new slipper clutch help to prevent rear-wheel lockup on downshifts, it also reduces the effort it takes to operate the clutch lever.
- Quick response: The PGM-FI fuel injection system operates with information from four separate throttle body sensors for crisp and accurate throttle response.
- Optimal fuel economy: Specific fuel-injection mapping and ignition timing work together to optimize fuel economy and deliver impressive range from the generous 15.4 L fuel tank.
- Rapid acceleration: With reduced weight, improved airflow, the numerous engine improvements, and a quick-shifting six-speed transmission, the CBR650F produces thrilling acceleration as you click through the gears.
- Sporty sound and feel: The sleek side-swept 4-1 exhaust features a dual-pass internal structure to reduce back pressure and deliver an addictive high-rpm howl that attests to the bike's CBR racing heritage.
- Sharp response: New dual ram-air ducts and a redesigned air cleaner both contribute to the engine's immediate throttle response and sporty overall performance.
- New inverted fork: New inverted front fork and adjustable single rear shock complement the CBR650R's sporty character. The shock operates directly on the curved gravity-die-cast aluminum swingarm.
- Lighter frame: Upgraded for 2019 to be even lighter and to improve mass centralization, the twin-spar steel frame is engineered for sporty handling and a high level of rider feedback.
- Lighter wheels: New Y-shaped five-spoke wheels combine rigidity with reduced weight for more nimble handling and improved bump absorption.
- Better braking: Radial-mounted four-piston calipers work the front 310 mm wave discs, while the rear brake squeezes a 240 mm disc. Standard ABS provides peace of mind during sudden stops or when riding on uncertain surfaces.
- Inspired styling: New CBR1000RR-inspired styling includes a redesigned fairing incorporating dual LED headlights, plus LED turn signals and taillight. Handlebars have been lowered and footpegs raised and set back for improved rider manoeuvrability and mass centralization.
- Comfortable seating: The carefully shaped seat has a narrow middle profile that provides comfort while riding, and an easier reach to the ground at stops. The seat also includes ample room for a passenger.
- Safe and sound: A compact wave-design ignition key offers increased security and reduced chance of breakage.
- Digital display: The backlit digital display tells you everything you need to know about your ride, with a speedometer, tachometer, odometer, gear indicator, fuel gauge, clock, warning lights, plus all trip details including average speed, fuel consumption rate and elapsed time.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled inline four cylinder
- Displacement: 649 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 67 mm x 46 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm SFF (Separate Function front Fork) inverted fork
- Rear Suspension: Monoshock damper with adjustable preload
- Tires: Front: 120/70ZR-1 Rear: 180/55ZR-17
- Brakes: Front: Dual 310 mm wave discs with radial-mounted four-piston calipers Rear: 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper with ABS
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,450 mm (57 in.)
- Curb Weight: 207.7 kg (458 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 15.4 L
- Colour: Grand Prix Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Inline four cylinder
- 649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 46 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- #525 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm SFF (Separate Function front Fork) inverted fork
- Rear Suspension
- Monoshock damper with adjustable preload
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310 mm wave discs with radial-mounted four-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper with ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,450 mm (57 in.)
- Seat Height
- 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 15.4 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 207.7 kg (458 lb)
- Grand Prix Red
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus