2019 Honda NC750XAK
Stock Image: Candy Chromosphere Red
- Strong power & torque: The NC750X's liquid-cooled, inline-twin engine incorporates numerous advanced and patented technologies. To ensure strong acceleration, ease-of-use in the city and a relaxed character on the highway, the engine delivers exceptionally strong low-rpm performance. The engine's unique design creates a muscular, easy-to-use powerband not unlike that of a big-bore cruiser.
- Strong performance - less shifting: The six-speed manual transmission complements the powerband by using wide gear ratios—no need to be constantly shifting up and down to maintain strong performance.
- Distinctive sound and feel: To give the engine a satisfying and distinctive sound and feel, engineers thought way outside the box. An extra balancer shaft was added to inject the engine with just the right amount of “good" vibration. The effect of the twin balancers is to counteract vibration from higher rpm inertia, making the engine feel more refined, yet still with the distinct “throb" delivered by its 270-degree firing order. The intake-port layout inside the cylinder head was carefully designed to create an intentional interference between adjacent ports, which results in subtle combustion variations. In addition, the timing for the opening and closing of the intake valves was set differently for each cylinder. The result of all this? An engine that always lets you know what it's doing and has a pleasant sound and feel.
- Free space & terrific handling: The engine's inline cylinders are canted forward by 62 degrees to help create a low overall centre of gravity for nimble, confidence-inspiring handling, and also to create room for a convenient central storage area where the cylinders and fuel tank would typically be.
- Exceptional fuel economy: Through the use of friction-reducing technologies, integrated components (such as running the water pump off the camshaft), precise PGM-FI electronic fuel-injection and efficient combustion, the NC750X engine delivers exceptional fuel economy.
- Smaller can be better: The engine's efficient use of fuel enables the use of a smaller-volume, more-compact fuel tank that still allows ample riding range while giving engineers extra freedom to re-think the optimal placement of other components.
- Maximum purification efficiency: The exhaust catalytic converter sits directly beneath the exhaust ports and is activated early when the engine starts. This design lets the combustion gas pass through the catalyst while it is at its hottest, thereby maximizing purification efficiency.
- Tuned flex for a smooth ride: Although lightweight, the diamond-shaped steel-tube frame was carefully designed to be very sturdy while also allowing just enough flex to respond smoothly to changing road surfaces. This results in a smooth ride while also letting you feel what the bike is doing. You get comfort when you're just cruising, and a sporty, fun ride when you're on your favourite twisty backroad.
- Excellent steering leverage & comfort: Seat height is 830 mm and the riding position is upright and neutral, with a high viewpoint for enhanced hazard perception. Another advantage of this adventure-style riding position is great low-speed control—combined with the low centre of gravity and generous steering lock, the result is exceptional low-speed handling and balance.
- Upright & relaxed: Like the engine, the chassis is all about creating a ride that's fun and user-friendly. The seating position is comfortably upright and relaxed, and the chassis geometry allows the NC750X to manoeuvre nimbly through the city or on winding cottage roads.
- Showa fork: A Showa dual bending valve fork performs much like a high-end cartridge fork, providing similar smooth action and linear damping force, but at a lighter weight. The result is superior road holding and ride comfort, plus reduced front-end dive under braking.
- ABS power and control: Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) provides added confidence during sudden stops or when the road is wet or slippery.
- Aggressive tires: Cast aluminium front and rear wheels, 120/70 ZR17 and 160/60 ZR17 tires, with an aggressive off-road style tread pattern.
- Economical design: Specially designed wave-style brake rotors not only keep unsprung weight low, they also require less energy and use less material during production because the rear rotor fits precisely inside the front rotor, allowing them to be stamped out of a single sheet of stainless steel at once.
- Adventurous styling: The NC750X shows off its edgy styling with an agressive front cowl design, LED taillight, and a tall protective windscreen with venting to reduce pressure and turbulence. The result is a bike that's is comfortable when cruising at speed, with the windscreen and bodywork diverting wind around the rider to minimize fatigue.
- Maximized space & better balance: The 14.1-litre fuel tank is accessed beneath the seat at the rear of the bike, with the fuel stored beneath the rider. The tail cowl has been cut short to bring the mass forward, and handy grips have been integrated into the tail section for passenger security.
- Large-capacity hidden storage: Where the fuel tank would be on most bikes, the NC750X instead has a large-capacity (22 L), lockable utility compartment that's big enough to hold an XL-size helmet. Don't want to carry all your gear when you arrive at your destination? This handy compartment allows you to quickly stash your helmet, gloves and more out of sight.
- Colourful instruments: The LCD instrument display includes a host of customizable features, including nine choices of background colour. You can even set the background colour to change as engine rpm rises and falls, as you shift gears, or to indicate your selected DCT transmission mode.
- Wave-style key: Wave-style ignition key is stronger and provides extra security against theft.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled parallel-twin with 55-degree slant angle, 270-degree phase crank
- Displacement: 745 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 77 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: Chain-driven SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm telescopic fork; 137 mm (5.4 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock swingarm; 150 mm (5.9 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 120/70ZR-17 Rear: 160/60ZR-17
- Brakes: Front: 320 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and two-channel ABS
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,535 mm (60.4 in.)
- Curb Weight: 220 kg (485 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.1 Litres
- Colour: Candy Chromosphere Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin with 55-degree slant angle, 270-degree phase crank
- 745 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm telescopic fork; 137 mm (5.4 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock swingarm; 150 mm (5.9 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 320 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm single wavy hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and two-channel ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,535 mm (60.4 in.)
- Seat Height
- 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 14.1 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 220 kg (485 lb.)
- Candy Chromosphere Red
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus