2019 Honda PIONEER 500
- Efficient power: The Pioneer 500's liquid-cooled endgine is mounted longitudinally. By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis, the flow of power is straight to the wheels without any right angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Ample ground clearance: "By using an overhead-valve layout and a semi-dry-sump lubrication system, engine height is significantly reduced, lowering centre of gravity while also improving ground clearance. Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration."
- Quiet operation: High-mounted snorkel draws cleaner, drier air and features four separate resonators to reduce intake noise. A stainless steel exhaust system provides superior corrosion resistance and minimizes noise levels. The muffler includes a certified spark arrester for when you're riding in regulated or sensitive environments. Previous model year shown.
- Tackle any terrain: Shiftable 2WD/4WD system provides the efficiency of two-wheel drive while retaining the ability to select 4WD quickly via a dash-mounted lever when conditions demand. Plus, the superheavy-duty automatic clutch with low-rpm engagement contributes to excellent drivability and towing capacity. Previous model year shown.
- Advanced transmission: "The addition of the automatic and manual shifting functions give you the best of both worlds. Choose AT mode for fully automatic shifting, override the AT settings on the fly with paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel, or choose MT mode and operate the five speed transmission manually with the paddle shifters. It's the best of all worlds."
- Crisp performance: Electronic fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and helps ensure trouble-free starting and operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
- Accessory power: Powerful 481 watt AC generator has generous output to run electronic accessories. Centrally mounted high-capacity airbox provides easy access for filter maintenance.
- Durable construction: A strong steel chassis is designed to help the Pioneer 500 remain stable in rough going, and its heavy duty construction will help it stand up to rough punishment on the job site or recreational trail.
- Trail ready: Because it's physically smaller with a smaller wheelbase, narrower 50 in. width and tighter turning circle than typical side-by-sides, the Pioneer 500 can go more places. Previous model year shown.
- Improved handling & comfort: The independent front and rear suspension systems, with dual-rated springs, provide a comfortable, controlled ride over all types of terrain.
- Dynamic control: With 149 mm (5.9 in.) of travel on all wheels, plus 215 mm (8.5 in.) of ground clearance, the Pioneer 500 can negotiate difficult terrain with ease. And the suspension is tuned for a fun, sporty ride.
- Roomy seating: Roomy cab and bench seat are designed for a comfortable fit for two. Automotive-type 3-point Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) seat belts and stout Occupant Protection Structure help to keep driver and passenger secure. For added safety, a speed limiter prevents travel faster than 24 km/h if it detects that a seat belt isn't being worn.
- Cargo capacity: Large, flat cargo area with ATV-style rack offers numerous tie-down points for maximum load versatility and can carry 203 kg (450 lb.) of gear. Previous model year shown.
- Towing ability: Heavy-duty receiver-style hitch lets you tow up to 450 kg (1,000 lb.).
- Bold look: Attractive, rugged bodywork gives the Pioneer 500 an aggressive, functional look. The easily removable hood and seat cushions also help simplify maintenance.
- Smart design: Waterproof accessory socket provides convenient 12-volt power whenever you need it.
- Safety first: High sill doors, integrated headrests, protective door nets, and seat belt release mechanisms all add to operator security.
- Easy entry: Clever rear-hinged door design allows the nets to remain attached when opening the doors, easing entry and exit.
- Built-in security: Doors feature a single-handed twistaction release mechanism, equally accessible from both inside and outside the Pioneer 500. Auto-style double latches allow the doors to latch securely when pulled shut. Previous model year shown.
- Bright illumination: Twin-headlight system features 37.5-watt headlights with a focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark. LED brake lights and taillights provide optimal illumination and conspicuity. The easy-read digital dash includes a large speedometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, maintenance minder, and warning lights for critical engine and drivetrain functions. Previous model year shown.
- Attention to detail: Twin cup holders make it easier to stay hydrated when stopping for a rest out on the trails or work site.
- Helpful accessories: A wide array of accessory items, including numerous ways to add storage and carrying ability, contribute to the Pioneer 500‘s versatility. Plus, trusted Honda durability, quality and reliability help improve retained value over the life of the machine.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Displacement: 475 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Five-speed automatic transmission with AT/MT modes with paddle shifting and reverse.
- Power Steering: N/A
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 149 mm (5.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 150 mm (5.9 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 24 x 8 - 12 Rear: 24 x 10 - 12
- Brakes: Front: dual 200 mm hydraulic discs Rear: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Towing Capacity: 454 kg (1,000 lb.)
- Bed Capacity: 203 kg (450 lb.)
- Length: 2605 mm (102.6 in.)
- Width: 1,270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 215 mm (8.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 703 mm (27.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,855 mm (73.0 in.)
- Curb Weight: 464 kg (1,023 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 15.4 liters, including 4.2-liter reserve
- Colour: Patriot Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- 475 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks
- Front Brakes
- Dual 200 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tire
- 24 x 8 - 12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Rear Brakes
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 24 x 10 - 12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 464 kg (1,023 lb.)
- 1,855 mm (73.0 in.)
- Front Travel
- 149 mm (5.9 in.)
- Rear Travel
- 150 mm (5.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 215 mm (8.5 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 15.4 L, including 4.2-L reserve
- Box Capacity
- 203 kg (450 lb.)
- Towing Capacity
- 454 kg (1,000 lb.)
- Five-speed automatic transmission with AT/MT modes with paddle shifting and reverse.
- Drive System
- 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD
- Patriot Red
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus