2019 Honda CMX500AK
- Strong low-end torque: The DOHC liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine uses a square bore & stroke of 67 mm x 66.8 mm for an optimum combination of strong low-end torque and horsepower and excellent top-end performance. Prior year model shown.
- Smooth and compact: Engine vibration is kept to a minimum by using crank pins phased at 180 degrees and a balancer shaft behind the cylinders, which also contributes to the engine's compact size.
- Cruising power: Honda engineers tuned the Rebel's engine and exhaust system to perfectly suit the cruiser riding style, resulting in strong low-end torque, a wonderfully smooth powerband, and an ear-pleasing sound.
- High-tech design: A light and compact roller-rocker-arm assembly and shim-type valve adjustment allows a lower valve-spring load for reduced friction and a compact cylinder head. And to ensure precise cylinder shape, the engine uses the same centrifugal-cast thin-wall sleeves as found in the CBR600RR.
- Crisp throttle response: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection keeps the engine running efficiently in all conditions and ensures crisp throttle response. Prior year model shown.
- Sure shifting: The Rebel's six-speed transmission works in concert with the engine's broad powerband to make getting going from a stop easy, while also ensuring strong performance and excellent fuel economy during highway cruising. Prior year model shown.
- Distinctive chassis design: Combining elements of bobber and chopper styling in its iconic fuel tank design, narrow frame, raked-looking front end and black-out components, the Rebel has a raw, no-nonsense appearance that's bound to get noticed. Prior year model shown.
- Comfortable seat height: The Rebel's low 690 mm (27 in.) seat height allows most riders to easily put both feet flat on the ground at stops for added confidence. Want to bring a friend along? The optional passenger seat installs easily. Prior year model shown.
- Bold, oversize tires: Oversize tires (130/90-16 front; 150/80-16 rear) help to contrast the narrow frame and add to the Rebel's strong, confident stance. Prior year model shown.
- Available ABS: Front and rear disc brakes provide confident stopping power, or step up to available ABS for the ultimate in braking performance and peace of mind.
- Retro look, modern handling: Dual side-mount shocks and the raked-looking fork provide a retro look, but thoroughly modern comfort and handling. Prior year model shown.
- Ample range: Chopper-style fuel tank looks compact, but its 11-litre capacity combines with the engine's excellent fuel efficiency to let you ride far and wide between fill-ups. Prior year model shown.
- Side-mounted key: The side-mounted key location adds to the Rebel's retro character. Prior year model shown.
- LCD instrumentation: LCD instrumentation keeps you up to speed on your progress and the engine's operation. Prior year model shown.
- Customize your Rebel: A collection of custom-designed Honda Genuine Accessories—including windscreen, saddlebags, rear carrier rack, and more—let you create a Rebel that's uniquely your own.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled parallel twin
- Displacement: 471 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm telescopic fork; 121 mm (4.77 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustment; 96 mm (3.77 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 130/90R-16 Rear: 150/80R-16
- Brakes: Front: ABS - 296 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper Rear: ABS - 240 mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper
- Seat Height: 691 mm (27.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,491 mm (58.7 in.)
- Curb Weight: 188 kg (414 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 11.4 L
- Colour: Matte Fresco Brown, Matte Axis Gray Metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Parallel twin
- 471 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm telescopic fork; 121 mm (4.77 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustment; 96 mm (3.77 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- ABS - 296 mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- ABS - 240 mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 1,491 mm (58.7 in.)
- Seat Height
- 691 mm (27.2 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.4 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 188 kg (414 lb.)
- Matte Fresco Brown, Matte Axis Gray Metallic
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus