2019 Honda SXS1000M5DK
Stock Image: Red
- Powerful performance: The ultimate side-by-side needs plenty of power, so the Pioneer 1000 EPS is built around a 999 cc fuel-injected twin-cylinder engine with Honda's famed four-valve Unicam cylinder head.
- Smart transmission: Honda's fully automatic six-speed Dual Clutch Transmission senses how you're riding, monitoring throttle input, engine rpm, vehicle speed and more. Going downhill? The Pioneer stays in a lower gear for superior engine braking. If you want to choose a specific gear, upshift or downshift yourself in demanding conditions or even override the automatic gear selection, the twin paddle-type shifters make it easy and fun. And of course, there are no belts to worry about.
- Tackle any terrain: Venturing over really tricky, rocky terrain, hauling a big load down a steep hill, or need some real hill-climbing ability? The high/low-range subtransmission provides a full 42-percent gear reduction when you switch to the low range.
- Clever controls: The Pioneer 1000 EPS allows you to quickly and easily choose from 2WD, 4WD, 4WD with differentials locked for the toughest conditions, or Turf mode that's perfect for sensitive surfaces like grass fields or for easier steering. All via a dash-mounted lever.
- Clean air flow: The engine's air intake is located up high and under the hood to help ensure a clean air supply. The new viscous air-filter element flows air well for increased performance, and also provides a longer service interval.
- Reduced vibration: The rubber-mounted engine and exhaust system insulates you from annoying vibration, adding to the Pioneer 1000 EPS' superb comfort.
- Smooth steering: Honda's automotive-style Electric Power Steering lessens steering effort and helps eliminate bump steer, especially over rocks, logs and on sidehills. Plus, a tilt steering wheel lets you find a position that's just right for you.
- Comfortable ride: With 268 mm (10.5 in.) of travel from the front independent suspension and 254 mm (10 in.) of travel from the rear independent suspension, you're assured of a smooth, well-controlled ride with generous ground clearance.
- Superior stopping power: With a side-by-side this powerful and capable, you need brakes that are up to the job, too. Honda's extensive automotive experience means you know the all-wheel disc brake system is up to the task.
- Excellent traction: The Pioneer 1000 EPS comes standard with large 27-inch tires on 12-inch steel rims for better ride comfort, improved ground clearance and superior traction.
- Roomy seating: The three-person Pioneer 1000 EPS features a spacious bench with improved comfort for 2017. The middle seat is positioned up and forward to maximize comfort and room.
- Powerful towing: You can load a full half-ton (1,000 lb) into the bed of the Pioneer 1000 EPS. And when it's time to unload, the bed's hydraulic-assisted tilting feature makes dumping firewood, gravel, feed or other items easy. And because it's able to tow a full ton (907 kg/2,000 lb) - with an improved hitch mount for 2017 - the Pioneer 1000 EPS can take on big jobs that otherwise would require a tractor or a truck.
- Secure design: The Occupant Protection Structure uses large-diameter tubing and includes integrated handholds, recessed top tubes and a more spacious structure to enhance protection. Hard doors and roll-up side nets provide a secure feel and keep mud and debris out of the cabin, while automotive-style three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism help keep everyone secure. New for 2017, a speed limiter prevents travel faster than 24 km/h if it detects that a seat belt isn't being worn.
- Intuitive display: The Pioneer 1000 EPS features deluxe, multi-function LCD instrumentation that displays fuel level, engine speed (rpm), vehicle speed, tripmeter, odometer, a clock, gear position and much more.
- Adventurous style: Colour-matched doors and bed panels add to the Pioneer 1000 EPS' striking good looks.
- Easy add-ons: The Pioneer 1000 EPS is already pre-wired to make adding an optional winch a snap, and a host of other accessories allow you to fully tailor your Pioneer to your specific needs.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted Unicam parallel twin-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 999 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Fully automatic, six-speed plus reverse Dual-Clutch Transmission with sport mode and manual mode with paddle shifting. High/Low range sub-transmission. Four drive modes include Turf, 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD with differential lock
- Power Steering: Standard
- Final Drive: Direct front and rear driveshafts. Four drive modes include Turf, 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD with differential lock.
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks; 268 mm (10.55 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 254 mm (10 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 27 x 9 - 12 Rear: 27 x 11 - 12
- Brakes: Front: dual 210 mm hydraulic discsRear: 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Towing Capacity: 907 kg (2,000 lbs.)
- Bed Capacity: 454 kg (1,000 lbs.)
- Length: 2,967 mm (116.8 in.)
- Width: 1,597 mm (62.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 327 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 853 mm (33.6 in.)
- Wheelbase: 2,038 mm (80.2 in.)
- Curb Weight: 703 kg (1,549 lbs.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 30 litres, including 6.4-litre reserve
- Colour: Red
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
Use of this product must comply with all rules and regulations applicable to the region in which the product is used. Please consult your local dealer for more information. Specifications, features, illustrations and equipment shown are believed to be correct - however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, in colours, specifications, accessories, materials and models. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Some vehicles shown are U.S. or European models. Canadian specifications and models may vary.
- Engine Type
- Longitudinally mounted Unicam parallel twin-cylinder 4-stroke
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 92.0 mm x 75.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44 mm throttle body
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with hydraulic shocks
- Front Brakes
- Dual 210 mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tire
- 27 x 9 - 12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone with adjustable hydraulic shocks
- Rear Brakes
- 210 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 27 x 11 - 12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 703 kg (1,549 lb.)
- 2,038 mm (80.2 in.)
- Front Travel
- 268 mm (10.55 in.)
- Rear Travel
- 254 mm (10 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 327 mm (12.9 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 30 L, including 6.4 L reserve
- Box Capacity
- 454 kg (1,000 lb.)
- Towing Capacity
- 907 kg (2,000 lb.)
- Fully automatic, six-speed plus reverse Dual-Clutch Transmission with sport mode and manual mode with paddle shifting. High/Low range sub-transmission. Four drive modes include Turf, 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD with differential lock
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts. Four drive modes include Turf, 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD with differential lock.
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus