2020 Honda CRF450RXL
Stock Image: Extreme Red
- New for 2020 Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC): The 2020 CRF450RX now features Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), designed to improve the stability and traction while maintaining throttle position. With 3 settings to chose from you can have your bike dialed, no matter how much traction there is.
- Total Air Management: By lowering the battery box position by 28 mm, not only has it lowered the centre of gravity but also allowed for a 9% increase in the size of the air filter. This allows for more responsive handling overall and improved airflowfrom intake to exhaust.
- HRC Launch Control: We're talking about a special and updated ECU program here: push the button to select the mode, hold the throttle open, release the clutch, and the CRF450RX will do the rest, launching you into the first turn with a big advantage. It turns your bike into a holeshot-seeking machine!
- Electric Start: Kickstarting your bike is so 2016. By ditching the kickstarter entirely, our engineers can make the CRF450RX lighter. Electric starters and lithium-ion batteries are so light now and so good that putting them on a bike like this is a win/win combination. And winning is what a CRF450RX is all about.
- Lighter Overall Weight: The CRF450RX is surprisingly light. Why? Mostly from eliminating the kickstart option, but weight is weight, and on a racebike less of it is almost always better.
- 260mm Front Brake: The CRF450RX's large front-brake disc measures a whopping 260 mm. The rear brakes have also been updated to improve overall braking performance. Now you get great brake feel and a pattern that cuts down on weight. Front and rear brake-disc guards are part of the package too.
- High-Capacity Resin Fuel Tank: For longer cross country loops, the CRF450RX features a bigger fuel tank that holds a full 8.5 litres.
- Engine Mode Select Button: This simple handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth and Aggressive, depending on course conditions.
- Dunlop Geomax Tires: The CRF450RX's Dunlop Geomax tires are specially designed for cross country use. The AT81 tires are spec'd at 90/90-21 for the front and 120/90-18 for the rear. You read that right: the CRF450RX rolls on an 18-inch rear wheel.
- 450 cc Unicam Engine: Honda's Unicam cylinder heads combine the best of single and double-overhead-cam designs. The configuration contributes to a compact engine that saves weight over a comparable dual-overhead-camshaft motor and also permits a narrow included valve angle. This flattens the combustion chamber to facilitate ignition flame propagation, allowing a high compression ratio. Since less space is taken up in the cylinder head, the camshaft sits lower in the head for a more compact engine and a lower center of gravity.
- Downdraft Fuel Injection: The CRF450RX features a downdraft intake tract and FI body to help increase both power and fuel-metering precision. It's part of the reason the CRF450RX offers such explosive power and massive torque, especially out of the starting line and in the critical first 30 meter (100 ft) of the race to the first turn.
- Longer Head Pipes: Lengthening the CRF450RX's headpipes help give you better throttle response and top-end pull.
- Programmable ECU: Want to fine-tune your CRF450RX's power delivery to a specific riding style or course? It's easier than ever with the CRF450RX's programmable ECU.
- Cylinder Head Layout: The CRF450RX uses our latest finger-follower rocker design. The Unicam cylinder head remains one of the most efficient in the off-road world, giving you the design and performance of a double-overhead-cam layout but the compactness of a single-overhead-cam design.
- Skid Plate: A factory skid plate is light and offers the engine and lower-frame protection that a racer demands.
- 13.5:1 Compression Ratio: The cylinder head of CRF450RX features a refined squish area that helps boost compression to an impressive 13.5:1. That means improved combustion efficiency for more power.
- Renthal “Fatbar": The aluminum Renthal® Fatbar® pushes the boundaries of riding excellence with its unmatched bend.
- Flat Seat/Tank Junction: The CRF450RX features a flat seat/tank junction, including a titanium fuel tank. The superior ergonomics make it easier to move forward and back on the bike, increasing your control.
- Sidestand: Real enduro bikes need a sidestand, and we've given the CRF450RX a great one. Tucked up high and out of the way, this forged alloy piece is just another example of how the CRF450RX gets it right.
- Black Rims: They may not help you go faster, but the black DID® rims this year sure look good.
- New Suspension Settings: Not a big change, but hey, with a bike this good we're talking about chasing perfection. What you'll experience is better front/rear balance.
- Showa Spring Fork: The 49mm Showa fork features a conventional spring design that helps increase the CRF450RX's front-suspension precision, handling and feel. The spring rate provides better bottoming resistance and improved handling.
- Next-Generation Aluminum Frame: The CRF450RX's Next-Gen twin spar aluminum frame positions the rear shock's mounting point lower, opening up the airbox area and contributing to a lower center of gravity for more holeshots. The frame geometry also helps improve traction, feeling and steering precision.
- Swingarm: The CRF450RX's swingarm flex is finelly-tuned to work with the chassis and gives you better rear traction and comering precision.
- Twin-Muffler Exhaust System: The CRF450RX's dual exhaust system is light, compact, and positioned close and low in the frame to take weight off the rear end and bring more mass to the bike's center for improved handling. It also allows for more air flow, and that equals added power.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 450 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam, 4 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Transmission: Close-ratio, five speed
- Final Drive: #520 sealed chain; 13T/50T
- Front Suspension: Showa 49mm telescopic inverted coil spring with rebound and compression damping adjustability. 268 mm (10.55 in ) travel.
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 312 mm (12.28 inches) travel
- Tires: Front: 90/90-21 Rear: 120/90-18
- Brakes: Front: 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper Rear: 240 mm disc
- Ground Clearance: 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height: 959 mm (37.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,477 mm (58 in.)
- Curb Weight: 116 kg (256 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas—ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 8.5 L
- Colour: Extreme Red
- Warranty: No warrranty
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 450 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96 mm x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI electronic fuel injection with 46 mm throttle body
- Front Suspension
- Showa 49mm telescopic inverted coil spring with rebound and compression damping adjustability. 268 mm (10.55 in ) travel.
- Front Brakes
- 260 mm disc with dual-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 312 mm (12.28 inches) travel
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 116 kg (256 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- 1,477 mm (58 in.)
- Ground Clearance
- 328 mm (12.9 in.)
- Seat Height
- 959 mm (37.8 in.)
- Close-ratio, five speed
- Final Drive
- #520 sealed chain; 13T/50T
- Extreme Red
- No warrranty