2018 Honda PCX150
- A blast to ride: The lightweight and compact liquid-cooled SOHC two-valve 153 cc engine powering the PCX150 offers high durability with excellent performance, plus quiet, smooth operation and reduced CO2 production.
- Technologies designed for efficiency: The engine layout is built around a host of low-friction technologies working in harmony. An offset cylinder reduces friction caused by contact between piston and bore efficiently transmitting combustion energy to the crankshaft. A ‘spiny’ cast-iron sleeve—with tiny surface extensions—reduces distortion of the inner bore diameter allowing lowered tension in the piston rings, reducing friction. A shell-type needle bearing is used for the rocker arm shaft while small and light rollers work in conjunction with carefully chosen cam profiles and low tension valve springs to minimize valvetrain friction.
- Easy start: The electronically controlled brushless ACG starter is an integrated component mounted directly on the end of the crankshaft. Serving as both starter motor and alternator it spins the engine directly when starting eliminating noise from starter gear engagement.
- Easy automatic transmission: A V-Matic wide-ratio continuously variable transmission employs a quiet, durable drive belt, manufactured from high-elasticity rubber, delivering efficient drive to the rear wheel.
- Turn the throttle and go: A compact combustion chamber and PGM-FI fuel injection system optimize burning rate, tailoring torque characteristics to suit the rpm ranges typically used in urban situations.
- Reduced frictional losses: A compact high-efficiency radiator – integrated into the exterior of the right-side crankcase – employs a small, light fan reducing frictional losses, lowering drag.
- Reduced rolling resistance: Rolling resistance within the transmission unit is reduced by the use of three low-friction main bearings, each specifically designed to deal with the loads it individually receives.
- Controlled ride: The low-slung fuel tank is mounted under the floorboards to keep the center of gravity low, enhancing maneuverability around urban obstacles.
- Smooth ride: Durable tubular steel underbone frame features a short 1,315 mm wheelbase and optimized steering geometry to provide nimble handling and a stable, comfortable experience for rider and passenger.
- Combined braking system: An advanced Combined Braking System links the front and rear wheels for balanced stopping when pedestrians or other road users do the unexpected.
- Improved fuel efficiency: A tight 2 metre turning radius, allows easy manoeuvring in tricky spaces, while 5-spoke 14” cast aluminum wheels add stability and rider confidence. Special Dunlop tires – with a compound designed to reduce drag – are fitted and contribute toward improved fuel efficiency.
- New lights, new look: Sporty but elegant styling is never out of place and is complemented by full LED lighting
- Spacious storage: Convenient, spacious under-seat storage area easily accommodates a laptop or most full-face helmets.
- Information at a glance: A central console presents all the information within a neat, concise design. Speed is displayed by a luminous needle moving around the outside of the LCD panel, which contains an odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge, plus the new for 2015 fuel efficiency meter and clock.
- Protection from dirt: Protective bodywork sweeps back into generous floorboards for the feet, that help shield the rider from urban grime.
- Added security: Handy glove compartment up front allows quick access to the essentials gum, sun glasses, cell phone, wallet or even a bottle of water.
- One-touch switches: Opening both the seat and fuel lid is via one-touch switches. The seat features a sprung hinge so it stays up when open.
- Versatile store & charge: 12V power outlet in the glove compartment allows convenient charging of personal electronics.
- Safety first: A hazard function that flashes all four turn signals provides additional conspicuity when needed.
- Warranty: Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single-cylinder 4-stroke
- Displacement: 153 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 58 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Transmission: Honda V-Matic Automatic
- Final Drive: Belt
- Front Suspension: 31 mm fork; 100 mm (3.9 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Twin shock; 76 mm (3 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 90/90-14 Rear: 100/90-14
- Brakes: Front: 220 mm single disc with three-piston caliper Rear: 130 mm drum with Combined Braking System
- Seat Height: 760 mm (29.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,315 mm (51.8 in.)
- Curb Weight: 132 kg (291 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 8 L
- Colour: Pearl Dark Blue
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder 4-stroke
- 153 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 58 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Honda V-Matic Automatic
- Drive System
- Front Suspension
- 31 mm fork; 100 mm (3.9 in.) travel
- Front Brakes
- 220 mm single disc with three-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Twin shock; 76 mm (3 in.) travel
- Rear Brakes
- 130 mm drum with Combined Braking System
- Rear Tire
- Curb Weight
- 132 kg (291 lb.)
- Seat Height
- 760 mm (29.9 in.)
- 1,315 mm (51.8 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8 L
- Pearl Dark Blue
- 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus